Thousands of years ago, when no pollution existed, ice formed high atop the mountains of Iceland. Skyn ICELAND's Pure Icelandic Glacial Waters originated there, in the prehistoric Blue Mountains where the rain and snow converted to pure white ice. Any Icelander will tell you it takes hundreds of years for the waters to go through a natural filtration process. Over time, as the ice melts and gradually runs down the mountains, it filters through inert layers of lava rock and trickles into the ground picking up minerals from the volcanic bedrock. It then flows into naturally occurring underground reservoirs.
Today, skyn ICELAND's waters run into a government protected natural spring in an ancient lava field. This is located in the heart of an isolated nature reserve called Heidmork. Heiðmörk is where Reykjavík' water reservoirs and drinking water wells are located.
Iceland is essentially
- Of its location in the Mid-Atlantic Ocean
- It is almost totally powered with geothermal and hydroelectric energy.
- It is isolated and far from industrial pollution
It has one of the cleanest environments on the planet and is universally acclaimed for the purity of its water. Iceland Water has some of the lowest total dissolved solids due to the natural filtration process that occurs when glacial water filters through Iceland's porous volcanic bedrock. Think of your standard carbon water filter.... now think of that filter extending miles beneath the earth's surface. That's why the water is so pure.
pHealthypH 8.88 SU
Iceland Glacial Water with ph levels of 8.88 can help your body maintain a healthy pH level by reducing acidity in your body and restoring its natural balance. It is one of the purest waters in the world (i.e.: absolutely no contaminants) and medical research has shown that people who have a high body pH are less susceptible to major illnesses, may have higher energy levels and a healthier body weight.
- Cleanses Pores
- Builds healthy bones and teeth
- Increases blood circulation
Softens skin and acts as a detoxifying cleanser that draws impurities out of the body through the skin
- Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body
- It reduces inflammation and can be used as a temporary wrinkle reducer.
- It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, and bones strong. It is also involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis
- Cures dry itchy skin.
- Can be used as a facial cleanser and exfoliator. Washing your face with salt/salt water will eliminate toxins through open pores to achiever glowing skin. It can also decrease inflammation and improve your circulation.
- Salt water can be used to cure acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- Bathing in sea water (with salt) may calm one's nerves and tends to tranquilize the body.
- Helps heal acne blemishes, reduces inflammation caused by acne, and reduces androgenic hormonal effects on skin that contribute to acne breakouts or in other words help regulate the skin's oil gland activity.
- Helps heal wounds/skin irritations such as cold sores, canker sores
- Highly oil absorbant
- May stimulate cell metabolism and division
- Delays the aging process
- By taking part in the synthesis of elastin and collagen, Silica regenerates skin and the vascular walls