Skyn ICELAND Guaranteed
- What information do we collect?
- What are cookies and how are they used?
- How is your information used?
- Will information be shared with 3rd parties?
- What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use, and distribution of your personal information?
- How can you access, update or delete your personal information?
- What kinds of security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
- What if you are located in the European Economic Area?
What information do we collect?
What are cookies and how are they used?
"Cookies" are small text files that are used to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are not used to run programs and do not deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Like many web sites, we and our Partners analyze log file information and other data collected through cookies and other tracking technology, to collect information about your browsing behavior when you visit our web site, including for example, your browser type, domains, page views, IP address, referring/exit pages, information about how you interact with our web site's webpages and with third-party links, traffic and usage trends on the service, etc. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use features of our web site; these disappear after you close your browser. We also use persistent cookies, which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the web site. We use this to remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, to better understand how you use our web site and products and services, to diagnose and fix technology problems, and otherwise enhance our web site, products, and services. In some of our email messages, we use a "click-through URL" linked to content on the web site. We track this click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. We also use third-party analytics tools (including Google Analytics) to assist us with analyzing and improving our service.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of our web site may not work for you. Please note, depending on your type of device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your device. The only way to completely "opt out" of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools.
How is your information used?
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with personalized services, interactive communications and online shopping ease. Information collected is used for the following purposes:
- to understand how you and other users are using our services and products in order to make them better;
- to personalize your experience, suggest and offer you relevant content and recommendations, and display marketing and advertising tailored to your preferences, and other third party websites, apps, platforms and devices;
- to process and fulfill your requests or orders;
- for marketing purposes, including sending you emails and text messages about products, events, promotions and offers from us or our Partners;
- to send you service information, including confirmations, invoices, notices, updates, security alerts, user surveys, and support and administrative messages;
- to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to analyze our marketing and advertising effectiveness, our user base, product and service usage, feature and content popularity, software and hardware quality, and market trends, and to improve and influence the design and competitiveness of future products and services;
- to provide periodic maintenance and support to our services;
- to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners or users; and
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, infringing or illegal activity.
Will information be shared with 3rd parties?
When you are on the skyn ICELAND web site and are asked for or provide personal information, you are sharing that information with us. In turn, we may share that information with our service providers and Partners for the business purposes described above. For example, if you decide to purchase our services or products, we will provide our service providers with the necessary information about you to allow them to process your transaction. Personal information that you voluntarily provide during a sweepstakes, contest or promotion may be shared with a sponsoring Partner. You can decide not to participate in such events if you do not want your personal information to be shared. In addition, we may share the following types of information with third parties:
- We may share your IP address and other device identifiers with third parties in order to show you personalized advertisements on third party websites, mobile apps, and devices.
- We may share personally identifying information with third parties with your consent, for example, for their own marketing purposes, subject to their separate privacy policies.
- We may share your information with others in connection with or during negotiation of the sale of all or substantially all of our assets, any financing, merger, sale of our equity interests, bankruptcy, reorganization or like transaction in which we are not the survivor.
- We may share aggregated or de-identified (i.e., information that does not personally identify you directly), or statistical information about you, including demographics data and audience segments, with others for a variety of purposes, including for their own uses, for example, for improving their products and services, and to make advertisements more relevant to your interests.
Our web site also contains links to other third party web sites. Even if a relationship may exist between such a third-party and us, we exercise no authority over, and do not control linked sites, so that if you click on one of these links, you will be leaving our web site and entering another web site. These linked web sites will maintain independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures, and we assume no responsibility or liability for these independent web sites or their particular policies and procedures. These links are provided for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. We recommend that you carefully review the privacy and data collection policies and procedures of any linked site that you may visit, because those policies and procedures may be very different from our own.
What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use, and distribution of your personal information?
You have choices about how the personal information you have provided us may be used by us. You can direct us to have your name and address removed from our mailing list. Should you choose this option, you will not receive any future communications from us. You may opt-out of receiving such future communications by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, stating your request to be removed from our lists or using the "unsubscribe link" found in emails we send to you.
How can you access, update or delete your personal information?
You may access and update your skyn ICELAND Account Information at any time by using your skyn ICELAND ID and password. You may also have your account removed from the skyn ICELAND web site by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your account is removed, you will no longer be able to log in on the web site using that skyn ICELAND ID. Information we collect may be retained for as long as needed to fulfill legitimate business purposes, or for a period of time specifically required or allowed by applicable regulation or laws. We do not store your credit/debit card information on our servers and only use such information to complete your transactions on the web site. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. "Minors" are individuals under the age of 13 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). We do not knowingly collect personal data from Minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal information from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact email@example.com.
What kinds of security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We utilize a full range of security technology to protect your personal information, and we continually assess new technology for protecting your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. When you place an order online through our web site, your credit card information is protected through the use of encryption technology, generally known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. SSL makes it difficult for your credit card information to be intercepted or stolen during transmission.
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects your personal information, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
What if you are located in the European Economic Area?
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may seek confirmation regarding whether we are processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. In addition, you may object to our processing of your personal information at any time. However doing so may impact your use of our products and services.
Applicable law may provide you with the right to request access to, receive, object to or restrict processing, seek rectification or request erasure of personal information held about you by us. To protect your privacy, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
Under the Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the authority of the Federal Trade Commission. If you have any questions or concerns relating to our Privacy Shield certification, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are not able to resolve your concern, you may also contact your European Data Protection Authority or Commission or seek assistance from our designated Privacy Shield independent recourse mechanism, JAMS, at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to pursue binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Framework, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
Attn: Legal Department
PO Box 534
New York, NY 10101